Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Eidul Fitr 2012

So many 'happenings' these last few weeks (including a separation period from my beloved laptop) and so busy, busy that I didn't have time to blog. Of course the last few days of Ramadhan were hectic; we were at our home in Meru then, cleaning and tidying the house which was in its usual mess...(we weren't cleaning and tidying for entertaining purposes but simply for comfort in cooking, eating and sleeping!). This is the first time ever I think that we were doing our Eidul Fitr prayers in Meru. Before this it was either in Bukit Mertajam (hubby's hometown) or Rompin and Seremban (when my parents were still alive..) I remember once we did the prayers at the KLIA mosque (due to time mismanagement) as we were on our way to Seremban. And then of course in 2010 we celebrated Eid in Australia.. Anyway this year there were only 5 of us; 3 kids, as the eldest Bang Long and his family celebrated Eid in Adelaide. Bang Ngah came home from Melbourne 3 days before Eid and was here for 10 days.
So on the first day of Eid; after prayers, we went visiting my side of the extended family - southbound to Kampung Tapak, Negeri Sembilan and Segamat, Johor (my aunt's - where we spent the night) and then to Seremban to my sister's and my brother's at Subang Jaya on second day. Third day of Eid: we were in Bukit Mertajam having travelled northbound 400 km or so (and realised we've left my laptop in our home in Meru...) Then on the fourth day of Eid we started our journey back to Kuala Terengganu (and missing my laptop for about a week). And now we're back in Meru for the weekend and...hello lappy (and back to blogging!) Below are some pics of our Eid:

Our simple Eid breakfast - spaghetti bolognese (going Italiano.. ), nasi impit and kuah kacang (compressed rice and peanut sauce) and the rendang ayam (chicken dish which can also be eaten with the nasi impit)
My 'Javanese' neighbours gave these - compressed rice in banana leaves; smells heavenly compared to my 'instant' ones..
My nasi impit and peanut sauce (first time that I made which the hubby gave the thumbs up, yeay!)
Spaghetti Bolognese - Adik's favourite

My rendang  - Negeri Sembilan style only less spicy than my late (Allahyarham) mom used to make
Having breakfast before prayers
Eid prayers; the women's praying section of our Surau
After prayers
Picture-taking session: hubby with 3 kids minus a son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren..(and me snapping the picture)
Taking the long and winding road (isn't that a song or something..?) through Bukit Putus, trying to avoid the jammed alternative road to Kuala Pilah...

...and meeting the jammed road anyway..*sigh*
At my aunt's house in Segamat..
...lots of cousins and their children.
The next day on the way to Seremban, stopped at a durian stall and.. eat durian of course. This is Adik struggling to pry open a section of the durian
And this is he again..I think this time struggling (lol) to eat a piece of the durian.. (he's like Bang Long; not particularly fond of the fruit! At least he could eat some; Bang Long would be visibly distressed just by the smell!)
But the rest of the family love these..yummy!
The boys with my brother (okey, I only took one shot and didn't realise that he had his face covered..too bad bro!).
Part of the extended family at Bukit Mertajam
Adik and his cousins - the three of them were borne in the same year, 1996
Kak Lang and 2 of her cousins, who are sisters.
Adik and grandma..
And here's Bang Long and his family celebrating
Eid in Adelaide
The grandsons with their erm...girlfriends (way to go babes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment