Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Whispering Wall..(100th entry)

Yesterday all of us packed into the car and made about an hour's trip to the Barossa Reservoir to check out The Whispering Wall... It was truly amazing - I was at one end of the dam and Bang Long at the other end. We could really hear each other as clear as if we were standing side by side, MasyAllah! I was actually startled at first when I heard a "hello" that I checked whether there was someone near! For those of you who can't read from the picture below; it says at the bottom: 'The dam has surprising acoustic properties. Sounds at one end of the dam can be heard clearly at the other end. Its curved slender shape and quiet location induces conditions that contribute to the transmission of sound. Straight line sound waves reflect obliquely off the wall as they travel 140 metres to the other end.' Cool....have never seen (or heard) anything like it! The surrounding area is quite picturesque, too..




 

.




By the way, this is my 100th entry...pathetic really, if you considered I started blogging about 3 years ago, lol! Anyway, Alhamdulillah I made it this far..  The entries may not be that interesting or inspiring...but by writing about events in my life it preserves the memories and maybe when I'm dead and gone, my grandchildren can still read about their Jedda and her adventures...! .

No comments:

Post a Comment