Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spring is for Roses..

We've visited Adelaide Botanic Garden a couple of times when we came to Adelaide but had never coincided with actual springtime (either very early spring or late summer..) So when the hubby was still here last weekend we went there as I especially wanted to visit the rose garden. I simply love roses!

The Garden covers a large area
There's me among the roses..
The daughter..
The grandsons
Ammar smelling the roses like Jeddah..
Here are some close-ups using my PHD* camera:







They were really marvelous, masyAllah! The rose flower must be one of Allah's creations that brings endless pleasures to mankind subhanAllah.. Wish I could plant them myself but roses like these don't grow very well in hot country like Malaysia. And it takes a lot of effort to make them grow and flower.. I think I'll just enjoy them here..*sigh* Here's a poem about roses:

Roses   by George Eliot
You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be
Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!

We also entered the conservatory where we immediately felt very familiar - we were in a rainforest! (not that we live in the jungle back home..lol..but the trees and plants reminded us of hot, humid Malaysian countryside..)

Rainforest theme
Feeling like home..
At certain hours they had the place misted up for rainfall effect - fantastic!
There..raindrops!
Looking for turtles
What makes people want to throw coins in ponds..I wonder? (I wish people would throw coins in our pond back home though..lol)
All these walking makes one thirsty..

We didn't explore the whole garden as it was quite late in the afternoon and Umayr was getting restless and kept saying: "I want go home". So after an AUD5 ice-cream, we went home..
*Press Here Dummy

No comments:

Post a Comment