Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

'Cikgu' Again!

It has been a hectic couple of weeks... I've got myself a job! Having been 'unemployed' for the past year, we decided it's about time I become 'financially-independent' again... Also, it got kinda boring staying in a room all day with just the computer for company. Plus, sitting around all day is certainly not good for one's cardiovascular's health. Anyway, I always have people calling me "cikgu" (teacher) even when I was a homemaker and had never considered a teaching career. Even later, when I found out what my actual life's calling is, teaching still gives me deep satisfaction... Thus, here I am, teaching again, only this time the students don't call me "cikgu" but "puan(g-local accent, lol)" or sometimes, "madam".. It's quite a convenient arrangement actually: the hubby's workplace is just almost across the street from the college; we go out and come back together - less than 10 minutes drive from 'home' and no traffic jams at all (utter bliss!). We are even considering staying in the 'homestay' for the duration of our stay in KT; after the exhausting weeks of work and not having the energy to do much housekeeping and cooking...! Here's a picture I took of one of my classes:
By the way, it's the first of Muharram tomorrow - start of the new year of the Hijriah calendar. So, Happy New Year and may the new year brings Hidayah and Peace to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment